Outright jubilation broke out at the Thompson household late Friday night.
The St. Louis Cardinals won the World Series.
As improbable as it might seem, a wild card team that won a spot in the playoffs on the last game of the season, a never-say-die group of players who avoided losing the series three times in game 6, the favorite team of my St. Louis area-born wife won their 11th World Series title with a 6-2 win over the heavily-favored Texas Rangers.
Amy, of course, is ecstatic. She grew up a Cardinal fan and never lost faith in the team’s ability to capture the championship one more time.
All is well at Chateau Thompson.
- Congratulations To The St. Louis Cardinals (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- World Series 2011: How the Texas Rangers and St. Louis Cardinals Collided (bleacherreport.com)
- Game 7 Heaven: The St. Louis Cardinals Are the Comeback World Series Champions (newsfeed.time.com)
- Congratulations!: The Improbable St. Louis Cardinals Defeat The Texas Rangers In Game 7 To Win 11th World Series Title! (bossip.com)
- World Series 2011: St. Louis Cardinals Complete Unlikeliest Championship Comeback Season (ballhyped.com)