Yeah, it’s hot out there. Too damn hot. Temperatures flirting with 100, humidity to match along with a skin-frying sun.
Chalk up 2010 as the year of extremes in Southwestern Virginia. The winter that dumped layers of snow on the region along with temperatures that prevented any serious melting; a month of booming thunderstorms and now a heat wave that seems more suited for Florida than Virginia.
Some relief is expected by the weekend but temperatures today may set records in some parts of the Old Dominion.
I wonder what those in global-warming and climate-change denial are saying now?
- Damn It’s Hot (electriceggcream.com)
- High near 102 (philly.com)
- Soaring Temps Might Press Utilities in Eastern US (abcnews.go.com)
- Mindfully Hot Mountain (timesunion.com)
- Heat Advisory Issued For Parts of United States July 5 2010 (nowpublic.com)